So yesterday we discussed potty training. Today wasn’t much better than yesterday, especially since she’s started to ask to go back to “baby diapers”. I’m not sure what to do. She literally sat on the potty for 10-15 minutes when it was clear she had to go but held it, only to release her bladder within minutes of getting off the potty. I can say getting on my hands and knees to clean up messes at 7 months pregnant is not as easy as it should be. And she clearly isn’t interested anymore so I’m in a funky spot. Do I stick with it because we started it and I don’t believe it quitting…or do I take notice of the fact that she doesn’t want to do it and give her more time to just be my baby. We only have 9 weeks together just us…I sure don’t want to ruin a second of them with potty training dramas. We will see. As of bedtime tonight when asked if she wanted to use the potty in the morning or not her answer was, “um…baby diaper”.
So I don’t know. We’re going to sleep on it, think on it, and pray on it and see how the mood strikes us tomorrow. It’s a new day.
In the meantime I have finished the final element of baby boy’s room decor. I moved the rocker from Em’s room to his and put a different chair in her room so we could still snuggle/read/sit together when needed. He needed a lamp for his room because I’m a big believer in low lighting during evening hours to help get kiddos in the mood for sleep. I have always noticed a difference in Em if we leave her overhead light on versus getting ready for bed to the low lamp light. I put the most minimal bulb in those suckers too! We’d been on the hunt for the perfect lamp when my Mom found and ordered us the cutest little lampshade from Etsy. I had a lamp base sitting around in the spare closet so I’d thrown them together, but it just wasn’t doing it for me. The lamp base was a pewter metal color and it just wasn’t right in his room. So I got crafty and painted it!!! Unfortunately I didn’t get a great final picture of it, but it’s still pretty darn cute!
Since I didn’t make the lampshade I feel it deserves proper credit be given to the maker. You can find her etsy store HERE. For the base it was a pretty simple change. I first painted the entire base brown using acrylic paint and a foam brush and let it dry. Then I applied an acrylic crackling medium over the brown. The medium says to let dry completely before covering with top color. THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!! It NEVER cracks for me when I do that. I usually go ahead and apply the top color while its still pretty tacky and it works pretty well. So I applied the blue lightly over the crackle medium. I think it works better if you don’t put it on too thick and if I feel like its too thick, I take the side of the foam brush to dab it up a bit. I think it gave it the rustic look I was going for. It turned out pretty dark navy as it dried but it works really well for his room.
Now I can say his room decor is officially done. Ok…well baring the new blinds, but I plan on ordering those this weekend!! Now its just time to start working on making sure we have all the “stuff” he needs!